I am working on a new school project, where the building is 65 ft above the 
water supply in the road and 760 ft horizontally. The water supply is 
54-46-1130. There is a pump planned, which I have to size. The total pressure 
loss in the underground between the supply and the pump house is approximately 
30 psi. I know the general consensus (and some water company requirements) is 
that the water pressure not be drawn down below 20 psi.  A 500 gpm at 60 psi 
pump would be a good fit for this project, but the suction pressures at the 
pump would end up being below 20 psi. The supply in the public mains would 
remain above 20 (due to the elevation), but would be below that in the private 
main at the pump room. Any thought if this would be acceptable?

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, CT
860.535.2080
www.fpdc.com

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to