No. 
Maybe even worse.
I remember in mid/late 70's we'd explain to the PEs what the reams of computer 
printouts meant
(generated by the mainframe in Cleveland HQ by guys in white coats on raised 
floors)
After we got done our explanation, they'd stamp em approved and send em back to 
us.

Yes, this is when fittings were threaded then a 1'-6 pce TG to a grooved 
coupling- 
I believe the cost of two 6" grooved 90's and 4 couplings was the same as 16 
hours of Local 692 labor in Phila.
We had 5" and 3.5", and a lot of 1-1-1.25.......still have those memorized, 
even above and below.

Frankly, I think it more important to focus on getting sprinklers in houses 
rather than licensing laws.
We'd save more people, create a larger market, and we have actually achieved 
our goals in some pockets, one of them being PA for 4 months.
Whereas, are there ANY jurisdictions where FPEs specify all criteria, give us 
corrected flow tests for basis of calcs, on 90% or more of projects?
I'll wager none on Earth except Lake Woebegone, just up the Red River from 
Fargo, where all the children are above average, and there's a PTA.

I was told once that getting drunk drivers off the road would save more lives 
than all our residential sprinklers- and at 3,000 annual deaths vrs 55,000 for 
drunks killing us, can't say I could argue.
I just kept pushing for resi sprinklers, tho. I don't own an insurance company. 
 


George L.  Church, Jr., CET  
Rowe Sprinkler Systems, Inc.
PO Box 407, Middleburg, PA 17842
877-324-ROWE       570-837-6335 fax
[email protected]



-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of A.P.Silva
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 12:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Engineers Stamp vs. Seal

Was it different before 30 years?

Tony 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 321
Sent: August 29, 2011 9:59 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Engineers Stamp vs. Seal

Welcome to the party...here in Florida we have been dealing with this stupidity 
for 30 years. 



John W. Farabee
Vice President Fire Sprinkler Operations State License No. 20251600012010
1480 SW 3RD Street Suite 9
Pompano Beach, Fl 33411
954-785-7800 800-372-2770 Telephone
954-785-7804 Fax
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachment
s/20110829/4f2f3c22/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to