From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Ron Greenman
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:30 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Underground Air Line

How about a grated trench so that it's in a low point rather than
underground. You could add a sump to make draining the line easier.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Eric Tysinger <er...@waynefire.com> wrote:

> I would say treat it as you would underground fire lines. Either PVC,
CPVC,
> copper or brass. Copper or brass may need to be coated with something.
> Pressure should be pretty low if you talking about air supply for a dry
> system, so PVC or CPVC should be fine. I would use some kind of detection
> tape to help protect it from being cut.
>

> Thanks,
> Eric Tysinger CET
> NICET III - 108988
> Designer - Fort Myers Branch
> Wayne Automatic Fire Sprinklers, Inc.
> 4683 Laredo Ave.
> Fort Myers, Florida 33905
> p: (239)433-3030 x1240    f: (239)433-3263
> C: (239)633-9703

Ron Greenman
Instructor
Fire Protection Engineering Technology
Bates Technical College
1101 So. Yakima Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98405

rgreen...@bates.ctc.edu

http://www.bates.ctc.edu/fireprotection/

253.680.7346
253.576.9700 (cell)

Member:
ASEE, SFPE, ASCET, NFPA, AFSA, NFSA, AFAA, NIBS, WSAFM, WFC

They are happy men whose natures sort with their vocations. -Francis Bacon,
essayist, philosopher, and statesman (1561-1626)