Can you imagine?

I did three  pumps today and a standpipe test.  At all three I asked the
PE's about this and what they thought, they all shook their heads.  #1 and
#2 were with FMG field engineers and they just shook their heads.  We're
still 2008 in MA so I've got one edition before 2014 kicks in that'll
probably not happen for 10 years.   FM #2 was going to send me their
recommendations for annual TS testing (and also that coupling and driveshaft
draft that's been in the making for a year or 2).
TD

This may be a great time to remind those in the testing business to clearly
denote the scope of work in your contracts.  Simply billing your client for
"Annual fire system test per code" may be exposing you to scope items you
had no idea existed...like 30 min. testing of the fire pump at 150% load
under alternate power.

Mark A. Sornsin, P.E. | Karges-Faulconbridge, Inc. | Fire Protection
Engineer | Fargo, ND | direct: 701.552.9905 | mobile: 701.371.5759 |
http://www.kfiengineers.com

Uhhhh ... given that enforcement of 25 in general is almost nil, I would
imagine that's a safe assumption.

Steve Leyton