I would not use galvanized piping for any application unless it was required by 
the installation standard or was exposed to the elements.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Rod DiBona
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:26 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: galvanized piping


A general question. Do you still believe that galvanized piping should be used 
for most dry systems / dry standpipes? The makers of idod pipe say yes. The 
makers of nitrogen generators say no. I had always thought that it was better 
and that in GENERAL galvanized would last longer. Over the last few years it 
seems like the tide has changed and I have read studies that come to different 
conclusions. I understand there are many variables but thank you for your 
thoughts.

Rod at Rapid
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to