I think (emphasis on think only) that Idod will last longer because of the
manufacturing process. It's more a steel/zinc alloy than coated steel. That
said I don't know for sure. Rust/corrosion does not occur in environments
without oxygen, consider Lake Michigan where nothing lives below 100 feet
and all those sunken ships have uncorrupted cargo waiting for salvage, so a
nitrogen environment in place of an oxygen/nitrogen (air) environment
(inside the pipe) should be devoid of any deterioration at all.


On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 8:25 AM, Rod DiBona <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> A general question. Do you still believe that galvanized piping should be
> used for most dry systems / dry standpipes? The makers of idod pipe say
> yes. The makers of nitrogen generators say no. I had always thought that it
> was better and that in GENERAL galvanized would last longer. Over the last
> few years it seems like the tide has changed and I have read studies that
> come to different conclusions. I understand there are many variables but
> thank you for your thoughts.
>
> Rod at Rapid
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
>
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
>



-- 
Ron Greenman
Instructor
Fire Protection Engineering Technology
Bates Technical College
1101 So. Yakima Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98405

[email protected]

http://www.bates.ctc.edu/fireprotection/

253.680.7346
253.576.9700 (cell)

Member:
ASEE, SFPE, ASCET, NFPA, AFSA, NFSA, AFAA, NIBS, WSAFM, WFC, WFSC

They are happy men whose natures sort with their vocations. -Francis Bacon,
essayist, philosopher, and statesman (1561-1626)

A problem well stated is a problem half solved. -Charles F. Kettering,
inventor and engineer (1876-1958)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to