Go to Lubrizol and you can find info on this. Simple answer is yea,
problem. Mitigation,???????



On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Cahill, Christopher <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I've been out of the CPVC world for many years now.  I noticed a system
> the other day with what I guess is original steel and remodeling with
> CPVC.  I was wondering if there are any reasons that is a bad idea?
> Contamination of the CPVC with cutting oil, thread sealant, etc. line of
> thinking.
>
> Chris Cahill, PE*
> Associate Fire Protection Engineer
> Burns & McDonnell
> Phone:  952.656.3652
> Fax:  952.229.2923
> [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
> www.burnsmcd.com<http://www.burnsmcd.com/>
> *Registered in: MN
>
>
> Proud to be #14 on FORTUNE's 2014 List of 100 Best Companies to Work For
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
>
> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
>



-- 
Ron Greenman
Instructor
Fire Protection Engineering Technology
Bates Technical College
1101 So. Yakima Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98405

[email protected]

http://www.bates.ctc.edu/fireprotection/

253.680.7346
253.576.9700 (cell)

Member:
ASEE, SFPE, ASCET, NFPA, AFSA, NFSA, AFAA, NIBS, WSAFM, WFC, WFSC

They are happy men whose natures sort with their vocations. -Francis Bacon,
essayist, philosopher, and statesman (1561-1626)

A problem well stated is a problem half solved. -Charles F. Kettering,
inventor and engineer (1876-1958)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to