Gentlemen,
I have a quick question that I hope you can clarify for me.

It concerns what the NFPA defines as a system.

Section 14.2.1 states that an inspection of piping is completed by opening
a flushing connection at the end of *one main *(most likely the cross main)
and by removing a sprinkler toward the end of *one branch line* to look for
any type of foreign material.
Section 14.2.2 states “*In buildings having multiple wet pipe systems,
every other system *shall have an internal inspection of piping every 5
years as described in 14.2.1.”

My question concerns what NFPA defines as *multiple wet pipe systems for
14.2.2*.  What items in a system define it as a separate wet pipe system?
If it has a "main check valve" and "alarm device" does that define it, OR if
it has a "gate valve" and "alarm device" does that define it?

What I am really trying to figure out is:
So if I have 1 wet pipe valve that feeds 3 floors, do I need complete the
requirements of Section 14.2.1 on 1 floor, 2 floors, 3 floors, or multiple
locatons per floor?

I hate to bother you guys, but I have searched and researched. I am just
not getting real clarity. If I do not really know, and understand the exact
details on something like this, it drives me crazy.

Thank you for your insight,
Joe
ᐧ

ᐧ
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to