I don’t think anything will be replacing Navisworks anytime soon for the 
construction industry as a whole.  For us sprinkler guys, I agree with Vince 
and Travis that AutoSprink does a great job.  I have had a couple of issues 
with file compatibility, but it usually works without a hitch.  There is a free 
program called Tekla Bimsight that I have used in the past with limited 
success.  If you can get all of the models imported into it, the clash 
detection works great.

If you are tied to AutoCAD for your sprinkler design, I don’t think there is a 
better route for you than Navisworks.  I’m not aware of a way to transfer a 
clash report to AutoCAD.  You can, however, import clashes into Revit.  Not 
sure if that helps, but there it is.

Micah Davis
www.dynamicfiredesigns.com


From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Matthew J Willis
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 12:32 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: NAVIS or WHAT?

Autosprink.

Navis I feel is phasing out..

R/
Matt


Matthew J. Willis
Project Manager
Rapid Fire Protection Inc.<http://rapidfireinc.com/>
1530 Samco Road
Rapid City, SD 57702
Office-605.348.2342
Direct Line-605.593.5063
Cell-605.391.2733
Fax:-605.348.0108

[cid:[email protected]]



From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Vince Sabolik
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 11:30 AM
To: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: NAVIS or WHAT?

Hello forum -

Does anyone here use Navis as a part of their design sequence?

Is there another clash detection program that will identify conflicts, 
preferably with
locations readable by Autocad?


                                                                      thanks, 
Vince
[cid:[email protected]]
11351 Pearl Road /  Suite 101
Strongsville, Ohio 44136
Phone 440 238-4800 Fax 440 238-4876 Cell 440 724-7601

Vince Sabolik
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to