If you disagree with yourself, one of you is sure to be right!

It might depend on the market.  I've got 5 active BIM projects and they are all 
using Navis (well one is using BIM360 Glue which is like a cloud based 
Navisworks).  I do agree that design is definitely heading to Revit, but I 
haven't seen Revit's clash detection taking over yet.  Navisworks just has too 
many tools when it comes to reporting and model navigation.  Just my experience 
though.  I'm always looking for better ways to do our jobs!

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Matthew J Willis
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 12:54 PM
To: Forum <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: NAVIS or WHAT?

No worries. I disagree with myself often. For the record, half of my active are 
Revit. No Navis involved.

R
/
Matt

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
On Aug 4, 2017 11:51 AM, "Micah Davis, SET" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> 
wrote:
I'm sorry, that should have been I agree with Matt and Travis.


From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Travis Mack; MFP Design, LLC
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 12:42 PM
To: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>;
 [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: RE: NAVIS or WHAT?

YES.  AutoSprink all the way.  I can bring in REVIT models, run clash 
detection, get suggested arm arounds, etc.  I can export to DWG or RVT (2 step 
process).  Best out there for 3D modeling.

Travis Mack, SET
MFP Design, LLC
3356 E Vallejo Ct
Gilbert, AZ 85298
480-505-9271
fax: 866-430-6107
email:[email protected]<mailto:email:[email protected]>

http://www.mfpdesign.com<http://www.mfpdesign.com/>
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MFP-Design-LLC/92218417692
Send large files to us via: https://www.hightail.com/u/MFPDesign
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/travismack

**PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS**

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Matthew J Willis
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 10:32 AM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>; 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: RE: NAVIS or WHAT?

Autosprink.

Navis I feel is phasing out..

R/
Matt


Matthew J. Willis
Project Manager
Rapid Fire Protection Inc.<http://rapidfireinc.com/>
1530 Samco Road
Rapid City, SD 57702
Office-605.348.2342
Direct Line-605.593.5063
Cell-605.391.2733
Fax:-605.348.0108

[cid:[email protected]]



From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Vince Sabolik
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2017 11:30 AM
To: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: NAVIS or WHAT?

Hello forum -

Does anyone here use Navis as a part of their design sequence?

Is there another clash detection program that will identify conflicts, 
preferably with
locations readable by Autocad?


                                                                      thanks, 
Vince
[cid:[email protected]]
11351 Pearl Road /  Suite 101
Strongsville, Ohio 44136
Phone 440 238-4800 Fax 440 238-4876 Cell 440 724-7601

Vince Sabolik
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to