I think you're confusing the exception in NFPA 13D with accessible equipment 
platforms in NFPA 13, which doesn't include such an exception. From the 
thumbnail description that you provided, I would presume to install fire 
sprinkler protection above that equipment platform and along any means of 
access that people would use to get to it.



Steve Leyton

(Sent from my phone; please excuse typos and voice text corruptions.)




-------- Original message --------
From: "Trillium Fire Sprinkler Design Inc. via Sprinklerforum" 
<[email protected]>
Date: 8/3/20 5:41 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: [email protected]
Cc: "Trillium Fire Sprinkler Design Inc." <[email protected]>
Subject: sprinklers above mechanical platforms

Can someone please direct me? I have a metal building with acoustical
ceiling tiles. Above the ceiling they have framed with metal studs and fire
rated plywood a mezzanine for the AHU's to sit on. These are electric and
not gas fired.



For some reason I recall reading that if the AHU's are not gas fired then no
sprinkler protection is required above the area of the mezzanine.



Can someone please clarify?



Regards



Troy

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to