So, to update...

The architect has deemed this attic to be no storage.

Therefore, not requiring sprinklers per NFPA 13R.

However, architect has shown a pull-down hatch into the attic inside the
3'rd floor unit, which is on the highest floor.

My predicament here is that he's designated the attic "no storage" but at
the same time shows an access hatch from the 3'rd floor unit into the attic.

My thought is to leave sprinklers out of the attic (since he's designated
it no storage) but to get a signed letter that holds the design
professional harmless from any fires originated from storage.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you