Hello Dan,

If the debugger in Spyder is limiting for you, you can try WinPdb - it is
not quite supported, but rather well written. Alternatively, you can use
some 'real' Python IDE with powerful debugger. I prefer PyCharm (free
version is ok) for that.

But when I once asked on local Python meetup "Guys, which debugger do you
prefer?", most of audience told - print or logging is enough except really
complex situations ;)