assuming this is ticket 461 which has been fixed and some extra
testing options added to catch these better.

if youre wondering about "random" its because there is more than one
way to produce a "topological sort" for many partial orderings...so
when the initial "A is dependent on B, B is dependent on C"
information sent to the sorter is incorrect as it was here, it will
produce errors only if the resulting sort happens to turn out in an
certain way, which is generally based on python's dictionary ordering
for that particular run.  things like -OO and such will change the
ordering you get from dicts.

as far as "blocking", its definitely not time to use SA in any kind of
avionics or medical devices...id wait another 25 years for that.