how much OO u want?

There is SA, which has ORM layer over sql, so can become a somewhat
object persistency.
There are turboentity/activemapper, currently joining together, which
are simple declarative layer on top of SA.
Then here is this 'sawrapper' of mine, which is also declarative and
wider/deeper than them, automaticaly handling all inheritances /
decomposition and references and now able to convert plain python
funcs (of your objects) into SA clauses. It may join the above 2 one
day - if they wish.

Then i have another layer on top which adds protocol-like static-type
semantics...
http://linuxteam.sistechnology.com/o2rm/sawrap0209.tar.bz2

None of them is 100% OO.

For a simple OOdbs, check http://www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/compare.html