> I think its more
> confusing for the API to break backwards-compatibility every 5 or 6
> releases.
> Also i think adding a whole new class DelayedMetaData,
> which is literally just to avoid passing a flag, well i wont say
> "insane" but its a little obsessive.

Agreed here.

> Hey list, are you confused by the current system ?  Please let me know.

Count me as one of the confused users. I must admit I only read
through the docs quickly (but don't we all do?) and missed the mention
of the threadlocal nature of the DynamicMetaData, which I thought only
provided a way to delay connecting it to an engine, which was the
feature I needed.

> the only change I would favor here would be to merge "connect" into
> MetaData, BoundMetaData and DynamicMetaData stay around for backwards
> compat for probably forever, and perhaps we add another method called
> "connect_threadlocal()" or something like that for people who want
> that behavior.  i would like to have just one object that does the
> whole thing, now that some of the early FUD has subsided.

+1 for the connect method on MetaData

--
Gaƫtan de Menten
http://openhex.org