I've got no idea about the source of the problem, but it would probably
be helpful if you could provide stack traces from the exceptions, if
that's possible.

Other than that, I would have thought you should be able to track down
the source of the 'global name' exception by grepping your source code
for uses of 'anxnews_urllocal' without a '.' in front of it. Is it
possible that you are doing something like this, for example:

  query.select_by(anxnews_urllocal > 5)

When you probably mean:

  query.select_by(table.c.anxnews_urllocal > 5)

Note that this is purely a Python exception - I can't think of any way
SQLAlchemy can try and use one of your column names as a global
variable.

Hope that helps,

Simon