just my point of view:
generatively, i would probably do .in_( somelist ), where somelist is
a variable, and it will work fine until that list gets empty. If that
happens frequently, okay, i'll know soon about it and fix it/avoid
it, but if it's once in a blue moon, u'll get one more disappointed
SA user ;0(.
And if that list is a bindparam, it gets even harder to check/guess.