Hey Mike,

I've really gotten to like the generative style of query building that the
ORM layer uses, and
I find myself developing a number of patterns that use that style to
good advantage.

Today I found myself struggling with a query in the low-level SQL-API layer
that the generative approach would make really easy -- is there a way to get
the same kind of generative effect in the lower layers?

Right now I'm kind of hacking something that uses copy.copy() on the
select(), and that surprisingly seems to work, but makes me think there must
be a better way.

Thx,
Rick