johnbraduk> Using SQLAlchemy-0.3.7-py2.4 released with Turbogears
    johnbraduk> """ Traceback (most recent call last): File
    johnbraduk> "/var/tmp/sqlatest.py", line 3, in -toplevel- fbdb =
    johnbraduk> create_engine(dbstr) File
    johnbraduk> "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/sqlalchemy/engine/__init__.py",
    johnbraduk> line 154, in create_engine File
    johnbraduk> "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/sqlalchemy/engine/strategies.py",
    johnbraduk> line 66, in create File
    johnbraduk> "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/sqlalchemy/databases/firebird.py",
    johnbraduk> line 130, in create_connect_args TypeError: init() got
    johnbraduk> an unexpected keyword argument 'concurrency_level' """

    johnbraduk> Using version of firebird.py added by guest on
    johnbraduk> 03/19/07 """Traceback (most recent call last): File
    johnbraduk> "/home/john/sqla/sqlatest.py", line 3, in -toplevel-
    johnbraduk> fbdb = create_engine(dbstr) File
    johnbraduk> "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/sqlalchemy/engine/__init__.py",
    johnbraduk> line 154, in create_engine File
    johnbraduk> "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/sqlalchemy/engine/strategies.py",
    johnbraduk> line 58, in create TypeError: unbound method dbapi()
    johnbraduk> must be called with FBDialect instance as first
    johnbraduk> argument (got nothing instead) """ John

    johnbraduk> On 31 May, 20:47, Michael Bayer
    johnbraduk> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    >> firebird is a little like a chicken without a head at this
    >> point...im applying fixes but have no FB database with which to
    >> test on.

Unfortunately I'm loosing my time on completely different issues,
instead of making some progress with my "refresh" of the fb dialect
:-|

I'll try to understand what's is going on, and eventually upload my
current version to the relative ticket if the problem isn't there. In
the meanwhile, I'm attaching it here, maybe you could give me some
feedback: it's currently passing many more tests than the trunk
version.

I'm really sorry for the state of affaire, first of all for me not
being able to dedicate the needed time: too bad my primary customer
using FB is focused on other stuff, and I cannot push Python solutions
yet :-|

ciao, lele.