On Jun 5, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Rick Morrison wrote:

> I don't think so, not directly.
>
> Short-term, here's a couple of things to try:
>
> -- you may be able to create views in the local database that
> reference the warehouse tables, and access these views as if they
> were local tables.
>
> -- you may be able to hack up something by using the schema support
> in SA, where the "schema" would be a string consisting of
> "database.owner". If SA ignores the dot in the string and passes it
> through to the DB-API, and if the DB-API also ignores the string,
> it might work. (^H^H^H -- I see you tried this already)
>
> Longer term, this is going to need support on both the DB-API and
> the SA level. AFAIK, only MSSQL has this kind of feature, and
> adding it will probably risk breaking a lot of other things. So, if
> it is going to need a lot of changes to SA to make it happen, it
> probably won't.

hey rick -

we do have "schema" and "owner" arguments on "Table" - does this work
at the DBAPI level if MS-SQL dialect sends through a string like
"select * from schema.owner.table" ?  or are we blocked because DBAPI
doesnt allow it ?  theoretically i think MS-SQL should be able to
override the creation of a table string in all statements.