ah, well the "owner" attribute is news to me, and if that's already
supported all the way through SA, and if the dialect can build the "
schema.owner.table" string, then that's already a
huge part of the way there.

As for DBAPI concerns, I know that at least pymssql will take the
database.owner.table construct; it's pretty dumb about letting SQL through,
which at least in this case is a good thing. But the officially supported
DBAPI for MSSQL is pyodbc which may be a bit more finicky about such things,
as it is presumably smarter about table namespaces. I guess the thing to do
is to try it through pyodbc with a hard-coded string, and if that
works, then along
with the "owner" construct, it should just a few tweaks to MSSQL dialect.