On 6/6/07, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> just to note, I am leaning towards very simple generative method
> names for all the things we need, where(), having(), order_by(),
> group_by(), distinct(), etc.  I am going to have it do "copy on
> generate" by default.

If a generative default can be efficient, it would avoid the dilemma
of "Generative or not?", while also being parallel with Query.

Otherwise, returning 'self' would be fine, and I promise to look the
other way. :)  Then I could do:
    q.order_by(...)
instead of
    q = q.order_by(...)
While those who prefer the latter can do that, and if you really need a copy:
    q = q.clone().order_by(...)

Keep in mind that modifying the query is much more frequent than copying it.

--
Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>