On 7 Jun, 00:00, Paul Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >>If you could mail the output off list to both myself and Rick Morrison,
> >>that would be magic.
>
> Well, the summary is: FAILED (failures=20, errors=245)
>
> Looks like making this solid on Unix would be a mammoth task. Not one
> I'm prepared to take up at the moment, being mostly a Windows user. I
> hope someone steps up for this in the future.
>
> Rick - how do the unit tests fare with PyMSSQL on Unix?
>
> Paul

I am no ODBC expert but I suspect that the problem with connecting
Un*x to SQL Server has to do with the limitations of the Un*x odbc
drivers. For instance when running the api_test.py script after
installing pymsssql I got some errors indicating that SQL Server
couldn't send unicode data to clients using an older odbc library.
I'll send that output to you and Rick along with the SA unit test
output (I would guess that I'd have to use the --module=mssql option.)

The next option is trying a trial version of a commercial odbc
connector. Or, just limit the interaction between Linux and SQL Server
for the time-being.

Cheers,
Ryan