Hi all,

My name is Frank Wierzbicki and I'm the primary maintainer of Jython.
We are about to release 2.2, so I've turned my attention to post 2.2
stuff.  I tried our 2.3 alpha with sqlalchemy against mysql and found
that it wasn't that hard to get it to work for a (very) simple test.
This is by no means complete or even good, but I am keeping the code
here:
http://jython.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jython/trunk/sandbox/wierzbicki/sqlalchemy/

The three files are a simple test (sqla.py), a monkey-patched version
of database/mysql.py (mysql.py) and the "svn diff" as of today
(mysql.diff) so I can keep track of the changes I made to get things
to work.  mysql.py can be pasted on top of the real one, then you can
run jython (latest from the 2.3 branch) and it works, at least on my
machine :)

Obviously patching mysql.py might not be the way it should really be
designed and this was just enough change to get my simple test to
work, but I thought I would share and see what people think about
getting sqlalchemy to work from Jython.

-Frank