> one interesting thing here is that i think you've found the oldest
> bug in SQLAlchemy ever.  so thats fixed in the trunk / 0.3 branch,
> the bug being that it was trying to issue an UPDATE on a table which
> has no primary keys.

Glad to be of service :-)

> now, if theres a reason you can't have a primary key on
> account_stuff.account_id, id be interested to hear what that is.

Unfortunately the main reason is that the example tables were modelled
on a 9 year old legacy Oracle db which is what I really want to use
sqlalchemy with.

The table which account_stuff is representing has in the order of 18
million rows so making any modifications to it, and we only have
Oracle Standard edition, would be too expensive (in time) because the
db has to be up 24/7.

I guess there is no way of making sqlalchemy thinking that
account_stuff.account_id is a PK (equivalent) is there? I guess I
could start digging around the underlying code to see if I can
convince it!

Thanks
Andy