just FTR, the current expected behavior of default schemas is that if
your tables are known to exist in the default schema configured on the
database connection, you leave the "schema" attribute on Table blank.
otherwise, you set it.

this is actually a convention that we've had to choose.  if the two
conventions are mixed, table reflection gets confused over whether to
look for/place tables with the key "tablename" or
"schemaname.tablename" into the MetaData object.  While we could try
building an enhanced "key" object which hashes both "tablename" and
"schema.tablename" as the same "key" depending on the default schema
of the DB, this requires a live connection to the database in order to
function, and as we all know a MetaData can be bound to a DB later
on...so for now we have the convention.