>> Sure, but the drop is being issued in the correct default schema (dbo).

>No it's not. If I don't enable checkfirst the table is dropped, which
>means both statements are issued on the wrong schema (considering that
>the check is right).

Ah OK I didn't get that from the previous
messages. Then it sounds like the check is looking at the default
schema, but the issued statements aren't using it.

Looking at the code, I can see the explicit use of the default schema for
table existence checks and table reflects, but no special treatment for
normal SQL ops like SELECT/UPDATE/DELETE. The code assumes that these
details will be handled by the default ansisql.py Dialect, which would then
issue it's own checks for default schema by callbacks to get the default
schema. But at least in the 0.3 branch, those calls are never made, the SQL
generator just looks for the table.schema, which is presumably an explicit
schema set in the metadata.

Mike, are you watching this thread? Should ansisql recognize and use default
schemas, or should the DB dialect somehow override the construction of the
table name?

>I'm going back and forth between both implementations, and am willing
>to help a bit on mssql support. From time to time I try to see why a
>unittest wouldn't pass and if I can see why I propose a patch.

That is a very much appreciated effort; making unit tests pass for MSSQL is
a big job.

Rick