2007/8/14, Rick Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > It's for the delete (which then does not happen because the table is not
> found)
>
> Sure, but the drop is being issued in the correct default schema (dbo).

No it's not. If I don't enable checkfirst the table is dropped, which
means both statements are issued on the wrong schema (considering that
the check is right).

> The
> error is not that the drop is being issued in the wrong schema, it is that
> the table was *created* in the wrong schema, and so is not where it ought to
> be.
>
> > pyodbc on a linux platform
>
> That is a problematic combination right now, currently pymssql is a better
> bet on Linux unless you're working with unicode columns. We're working on
> better support for pyodbc + *nix, but we first need to get through the 0.4
> beta cycle, as MSSQL is currently broken on the 0.4 trunk. A stable
> short-term platform for you would be the 0.3.10 release or the 0.3 branch
> tip + pymssql.

I'm going back and forth between both implementations, and am willing
to help a bit on mssql support. From time to time I try to see why a
unittest wouldn't pass and if I can see why I propose a patch.

Regards,

Christophe