> > Is there a different way to do this that's compatible with both
> > versions, or is there a new 0.4 way of doing this, or have I just been
> > doing something wrong all along and only 0.4 is catching it?
>
> DateTime objects in sqlite currently expect a datetime.datetime
> object, and not a string.  previous versions accepted both.  a lot of
> people are getting this issue so i think im going to see what
> psycopg2 and mysqldb do, and emulate them.  historically ive been
> against hardcoding a particular string format.

What's odd here is that I'm not setting the value myself -- it's
getting set in pre_exec by the column default, which (I believe) is
running the func in sqlite and returning the results, which I'd think
should wind up with a datetime.datetime. I'll try to put together a
minimal test case that shows what's happening.

JP