Hi,

>data.  I did some benchmarks a while back to see how everything
>stacked up as I was wondering if I was doing everything the hard way
>(in C++) instead of using SqlAlchemy, etc.  TurboEntity is the same as

Great work Eric.

I am quite surprised at the results. I would have thought
ActiveMapper/TurboEntity would only be marginally slower than plain
SQLAlchemy. And again, I'm surprised that SA is faster than MySQLdb. How
does that work out? I though SA used MySQLdb??? Your use of query cache
and best of three sounds sensible, but I've got a feeling we're seeing
some kind of measurement effect in the results.

If those numbers are correct though, I'd expect fairly simple changes to
Elixir could bring the performance close to plain SA.

Paul