> I am quite surprised at the results. I would have thought
> ActiveMapper/TurboEntity would only be marginally slower than plain
> SQLAlchemy. And again, I'm surprised that SA is faster than MySQLdb. How
> does that work out? I though SA used MySQLdb??? Your use of query cache
> and best of three sounds sensible, but I've got a feeling we're seeing
> some kind of measurement effect in the results.

I think SA is caching the results of the queries, so it has less
processing to do than MySQLdb for the repeat queries.

> If those numbers are correct though, I'd expect fairly simple changes to
> Elixir could bring the performance close to plain SA.

I think that's a reasonable assumption - I haven't had a chance to
poke around under the hood due to other priorities, but I like Elixir
and hope to see it improve in future versions.