Hello everybody,

I was wondering why neither DBAPI nor SA define standard exceptions
like "Duplicate key error". It seems to be no portable way to catch
this situations and give user more sensible error messages than just
"We are failed to insert a new record". And using exception
information to generate error messages make it even more confusing for
regular (non-Pythonic :) ) people. Since SA dialects deal with
implementation details wouldn't it be natural to have them translate
DBAPI exceptions to something more usable as well?

Cheers