Noufal wrote:
> On Sep 20, 10:34 pm, Noufal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [..]
>> I create the tables using SQLAlchemy.  I'll send you the output in a
>> day, I'm away from the machine where this code is right now.
>
> The output of the create table column looks like this
>
> CREATE TABLE `stats` (
>   `sid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   `rid` int(11) default NULL,
>   `stagename` varchar(50) default NULL,
>   `description` varchar(250) default NULL,
>   `starttime` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update
> CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
>   `endtime` timestamp NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
>   PRIMARY KEY  (`sid`)
> ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

The MyISAM storage engine doesn't retain foreign key information- to
autoload FKs you must create the table with a storage engine that
supports FKs such as InnoDB.  That looks like:

    Table('stats', metadata, ..columns.., mysql_engine='InnodB')

You can also use ALTER TABLE via mysql to change the storage engine and
add foreign keys if you've already got these MyISAM tables in production
(see the mysql docs.)

Supplying an explicit ForeignKeyConstraint clause for an autoloaded
MyISAM table is just fine too, if you want to keep using that storage
engine.

Cheers,
Jason