Michael Bayer wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2007, at 11:48 AM, Huy Do wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to get SA ORM to return plain python objects (with
>> eagerloaded relations and all) but without any attribute
>> instrumentation
>> (or anything else magically added by SA).
>>

> not really.   unless you remove the instrumentation from the classes
> themselves afterwards (a one way operation).

Any pointers on how to do this ? to the whole object hierachy.
> of course you could argue that theres no technical reason the ORM
> shouldnt be able to do this.  there could be some extremely
> specialized rewrite of attributes.py that could do it perhaps, but
> maintaining test coverage for that would be a whole project in itself
Would a mapper extension allow me to do this ?

I think this would be a great feature to have because there are many use
cases in my application (mainly displaying/processing tables) where I
don't want/need the overhead of the instrumentation (and it really does
add quite a bit), but would still love the excellent mapping abilities
(i.e have fully hydrated domain objects rather then ResultProxy).

Thanks

Huy