>> I think this would be a great feature to have because there are
>> many use
>> cases in my application (mainly displaying/processing tables) where I
>> don't want/need the overhead of the instrumentation (and it really
>> does
>> add quite a bit), but would still love the excellent mapping abilities
>> (i.e have fully hydrated domain objects rather then ResultProxy).
>>

> I think theres still going to be a lot of overhead even without
> instrumentation.  anyway, this would be an enormous amount of effort
> to establish and also to keep test coverage going, and would probably
> be a significant complication to the internals.  Id rather focus on
> making our current, single approach faster and better (note that 0.4
> uses about half the method call overhead of 0.3 for load operations).

fair enough. I think I'm just a big fan of the ORM load features, but
not of the (cascading) flush (save/update/delete) features. I am a
control freak when it comes to the database. There was a stage when I
did not like the sql generated from the ORM load as well, but recently
(not sure which version) the sql it generates is almost ;-) as good as
the one i write by hand

> If you want, just create a rudimentary object creation layer over the
> normal SQL constructs.  It would be more appropriate for this to be
> something entirely separate from the existing orm module.

I was thinking along these lines. I am going to study your
query.instances to get some hints

Thanks for all the help.

Huy