On Sep 26, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Barry Hart wrote:

> My application has a table of item prices by week. A record is
> inserted into a week whenever there is a new, different price. To
> find the current price, you have to look backwards in time to the
> most recent record.
>
> I've written some code using SqlAlchemy 0.3.10 to generate a query
> like this. The resulting query fails on PostgreSQL because the
> innermost query generated by SQLAlchemy is missing a FROM clause.
> (SQLite seems happy with it, however.) Is this a bug in SqlAlchemy?

if youre missing a FROM clause, thats a bug.  this is usually caused
by over-correlation of a select (in 0.4, this shouldnt happen..i.e.
the "bug" should be fixed).

try setting "correlate=False" on the nested select() statement.
Individual correlations to the outside you can then set explicitly
using the correlate() method on the select() object.

in version 0.4, the API for correlation is a little different and the
correlate(), instead of changing the current select(), generates a
new select() (also correlate=False is deprecated, calling correlate
(None) turns off auto-correlation).