Hello sqlalchemists,

I posted this on the pylons group, and was referred here, so this is
basically a repeat:

Running a pylons app under heavy load by several simultaneous
(simulated) users all on a single cpu have yielded the following error
(several times, but not often):

Exception _mysql_exceptions.ProgrammingError: (2014, "Commands out of
sync; you can't run this command now") in <bound method Cursor.__del__
of <MySQLdb.cursors.Cursor object at 0x8c9bcac>> ignored

This error appeared on the console where the paste server was loaded.

I had been mixing ORM queries with sql queries, but still get the
error when using only ORM. Also, am only doing selects - no inserts,
updates, etc.

Config:

started: paster serve --reload development.ini
paste behind apache via mod_proxy

ubuntu feisty
mysql version: 5.0.38
MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.5-linux-i686.egg
SQLAlchemy-0.4.0-py2.5.egg
Mako-0.1.8-py2.5.egg
PasteScript-1.3.6-py2.5.egg
PasteDeploy-1.3.1-py2.5.egg
Paste-1.4.2-py2.5.egg
Beaker-0.7.5-py2.5.egg
WebHelpers-0.3.2-py2.5.egg
Routes-1.7-py2.5.egg
Pylons-0.9.6.1-py2.5.egg

Any ideas on how to fix, or what the nature of the issue is, or how to
better isolate/debug would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

David