Werner F. Bruhin wrote:
> I would like to change SA to support the embedded version of Firebird SQL.
>
> I am close but the process does not terminate correctly (i.e. I have to
> kill it), so I am obviously missing something.

Just noticed that I can also use this:

dburl = sa.engine.url.URL('firebird', username='USERNAME',
password='pw', database=fileurl)

Which means firebird.py does not need to be patched, however I still see
the same problem that the process hangs.

Best regards
Werner

P.S.
To use the embedded engine one has to install FB files into the
kinterbasdb folder, I can provide more details or anyone wanting to try
it can follow the FB embedded install instructions provided in the FB
release guides.