Hi Florent,

Florent Aide wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007 12:57 PM, Werner F. Bruhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> Which means firebird.py does not need to be patched, however I still see
>>> the same problem that the process hangs.
>>>

>> As the version of FB is 2.1beta I wondered if maybe there is an issue
>> with it, so I just did a test with kinterbasdb directly (no SA), but
>> that works correctly and the program terminates/closes correctly too.
>>

> I use FB + SA 0.4 on a daily basis without problems.
> For this I use kinterbasdb-3.2 in embeded mode on windows with python 2.5.

My setup is just about the same.

- Windows Vista
- kinterbasdb 3.2 with a patch from Pavel Cisar to __init__.py to make
it work with FB 2.1beta
- Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17)
> If you need to check anything specific you can ask me I'll look into
> my setup. For me it just works.

If I connect to the db with just kinterbasdb I see no problem.

If I use SA 0.4 final I connect without problem but when the script
finishes it hangs.

How do you build the connection string when you want to connect to an
embedded engine?  Do you have a sample?

Werner