On Dec 19, 2007, at 4:19 AM, Lele Gaifax wrote:

> Can you point me to a more correct way of testing the expected
> behaviour of "sane_multi_rowcount"? And given new results on
> "sane_rowcount", is it right turning it to True on Firebird too?

sane_multi_rowcount is specifically for an executemany, like:

table.update().execute([{params1}, {params2}, {params3}]

at the DBAPI level, it means if you say cursor.executemany(statement,
[params]), cursor.rowcount should be the sum of all rows updated
across all sets of parameters.  i think some DBAPIs actually do that.
Even though technically its a decision only the database itself can
make, i.e. some of the parameter sets may be overlapping..we havent
gotten into it that deeply as of yet since we use non-overlapping sets
of parameters with ORM updates/deletes.

sane_rowcount is set to False on FB probably because someones version
of FB did not support it correctly.  it might be worth tracking it
down in "svn blame" to see why it was changed.