On Jan 14, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Alexandre Conrad wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Michael Bayer wrote:
>> a certain id_channel.   otherwise im still having trouble wrapping my
>> head around what youre trying to do there.
>
> Enough guessing, here's the full test case with description of what
> I'm
> trying to do. :)
>
> Although, I wasn't able to make it run with sqlite, so it's running a
> under a "foo" table with MySQL. (another hidden bug, I'm getting
> (IntegrityError) medias.id may not be NULL).

ok, you can also do it like this:

select_table =
catalog_table.outerjoin(catalog_channel_table).select().alias('pjoin')
catalog_mapper = mapper(Catalog, catalog_table,
select_table=select_table, polymorphic_on=catalog_table.c.type,
polymorphic_identity="catalog",
     properties={
         "medias":relation(Media,
                      backref="catalog",
                      cascade="all, delete-orphan",
                  ),
     },
)

print
Media
.query
.join
('catalog').filter(CatalogChannel.id_channel==playlist.id_channel).all()

Still working on getting "select_table" to not have to be aliased like
that.