Adodbapi is Windows-only, you're definitely barking up the wrong tree with
that one.

Pyodbc on Linux is theoretically possible, but I know of no users and have
very little experience myself with it.
Pymssql is supported on Linux, and it works within certain restrictions (30
char identifier length, no unicode) as outlined on the SQLAlchemy wiki.

You're pretty much breaking new ground if you're trying pyodbc + SQLAlchemy
+ Unix. Not that I'm discouraging that, I've been meaning to tackle it, but
just so you know....

But Linux + adodbapi is not going to fly at all.