Frank Wierzbicki wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2008 4:35 PM, jason kirtland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've got a local branch going to formalize the multi-driver support &
>> ease using SQLAlchemy on alternate VMs.  Adding ODBC to a single-driver
>> dialect in CPython was my step 1, next up is sqlite via JDBC for Jython,
>> and then the same in IronPython.
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> A while back I took a crack at jdbc support for mysql -- I got as far
> as connecting and fetching some data with a simple select.  See
> http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com/msg04745.html.
>  I'm getting ready to revive that effort.  How far are you on your
> jdbc experiments?

Hi Frank,

I'm not too far yet with Jython- still working on CPython issues.  This
weekend I plan to check in a tool that converts the test suite source
into 2.3-compatible syntax, enabling testing with the Jython trunk's
parser and CPython 2.3.  I'm using it locally and just need to polish it
up a bit before committing.

Some parts of the test suite require SQLite, so that was going to be my
initial target once any Jython stdlib issues were ironed out.  I've
never used SQLite in Java and I'm kind of curious what JDBC will do with
the only nominally typed data coming out of a SQLite database...

-j