Frank Wierzbicki wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2008 1:00 PM, jason kirtland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Frank Wierzbicki wrote:
>> I'm not too far yet with Jython- still working on CPython issues.  This
>> weekend I plan to check in a tool that converts the test suite source
>> into 2.3-compatible syntax, enabling testing with the Jython trunk's
>> parser and CPython 2.3.  I'm using it locally and just need to polish it
>> up a bit before committing.
 >
> Ah you must be jek -- we met on #turbogears the other day.  I'm
> looking forward to seeing and using that tool :)

I just added it to trunk in r4072 and the transform is also easily
extractable & can be run independently.  Nothing too fancy, just
rewrites @decorators for 2.3.  No generator transforms.

For use in SA, there's a new test/clone.py that creates and maintains a
2.3-transformed copy of the test suite.  In my workflow, I edit the
canonical test sources and then use the tool to pull those updates over,
transformed, into my 2.3 sandbox.

There's still some more work needed for the test suite to run cleanly on
CPython 2.3, seems mostly because of differences between 2.3's sets.Set
and 2.4+ builtin sets.

-j