no idea.  below is a revised version, where the main revision is that
theres no SQLAlchemy ;).  So I think you should submit this to the bug
tracker on www.sqlite.org.

Actually this is sorta interesting since it would impact our own unit
tests regarding sqlite as well (which is why we run them with mysql
and postgres as part of our build as well).

import sqlite3

def test(createdrop=True):
     conn = sqlite3.connect(':memory:')
     cursor = conn.cursor()
     cursor.execute("CREATE TABLE users(id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, host
VARCHAR(16) NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(16) NOT NULL)")
     cursor.execute("INSERT INTO users (host, name) VALUES (?, ?)",
["localhost", "monty"])
     cursor.close()

     cursor = conn.cursor()
     if createdrop:
         cursor.execute("DROP TABLE users")
         cursor.execute("CREATE TABLE users(id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
host VARCHAR(16) NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(16) NOT NULL)")

     try:
         cursor.execute("INSERT INTO users (host, name) VALUES
(?, ?)", [None, "python"])
         assert False, repr(cursor.execute("select * from
users").fetchall())
     except sqlite3.IntegrityError:
         assert True

test(True)