I think I understand the relationship between pysqlite2 and sqlite3
(the second being a stdlib snapshot of the first) and have found the
code in sqlalchemy that will use pysqlite2, if present, over sqlite3,
so having installed the latest version of pysqlite2, I should be fine.

Any idea why the library name changed? I think that's confusing me
more than anything.

I assume the stdlib sqlite module will be upgraded at Python 2.6?

~jon