On Mar 28, 2008, at 12:13 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> So you're still disagreeing with Jason, who's quite explicitly saying
> that SA's __init__ will blow up if it gets called.  Which of you is
> right?  :)

SA's __init__ does not blow up if it gets called.  It just checks that
mappers are compiled and sets up InstanceState if not already
present.   I'm not sure if recent changes on the branch have changed
this, though I doubt it, since we have a lot of users that do
implement MapperExtension.create_instance() to call their __init__()
method.