nope.  Seems like the SQLA connection is still not using the
appropriate magical incantation to get all that ODBC stuff to behave
reasonably.

might I suggest just circumventing the URL entirely and just using
creator=lambda:
pyodbc
.connect
("DRIVER
={TDS};SERVER=xxxxxxxx;UID=xxxx;PWD=xxxx;TDS_Version=7.0")  ?   for
something this incredibly hacked and specific, it seems like the right
way to go.