I have an issue with SQLAlchemy planning to execute insertion tasks in
the wrong order.

Basically, I have a utility table "Relations" which is used to maintain
  ordered list relations:

table = rdb.Table(
   'relation',
   metadata,
   rdb.Column('id', rdb.Integer, primary_key=True, autoincrement=True),
   rdb.Column('left', rdb.String(length=32),
      rdb.ForeignKey("soup.uuid"), index=True),
   rdb.Column('right', rdb.String(length=32),
      rdb.ForeignKey("soup.uuid")),
   rdb.Column('order', rdb.Integer, nullable=False))

Now, I append a new, transient object to such an ordered list. That
means that SQLAlchemy would make two inserts. The problem is that the
tasks are ordered such that the *relation* is inserted before the object
that is the target of the relation!

This obviously raises an IntegrityError, since the foreign key
constraint is not satisfied.

My question is then: How do I tell SQLAlchemy to order them correctly?

\malthe